Dulwich Festival 2022 promises to delight with talent from Alleyn's alumni.
The Dulwich Festival is back in all its glory this year, live and in person. The 29th Festival offers forty events, many of them free, with a diverse programme of art, music, literature, comedy, walks, talks and more. We are pleased that Alleyn’s alumni have a strong presence, showcasing their work as part of the festival.
The Dulwich Society is hosting four local history events and includes none other than Brian Green (Cribb’s 1953) who will give a talk entitled 'Hell's Bells' about the Dulwich Picture Gallery and Bell House during World War Two on 18 May at 7.30 pm at Bell House.
You can book tickets here
Artists Open House is a highlight of the Festival as usual, showcasing over 400 local artists in 180 venues. It runs over two weekends, 14-15 and 21-22 May, and will be a wonderful opportunity to see the work of;
- Street and gallery artist Remi Rough/Remi Morgan (Tulley’s 1990).
Dulwich Outdoor Gallery - Amongst the streets of Dulwich are some impressive murals, many of which are interpretations of 17th and 18th century paintings from Dulwich Picture Gallery. You can view work by Remi Rough/Remi Morgan (Tulley’s 1990) on the wall at Vale End SE22 8ET. You can check out the work of Remi Rough up close on a Street Art Walk which run from May 14th -18th 2022 at the following times: Saturday 14 May 12-3 , Sunday 15 May 12-3 and Sunday 15 May 3-6 pm
- Artist, writer, curator Laurence Noga (Brading’s 1980) is exhibiting at 82 Upland Road SE22 0DE.
You can view examples of Laurence's work on his Instagram.
- Artist Susie Stone (Spurgeon’s 2002) work will be on show at Havelock Walk Studios.
You can view her work here https://www.susiestone.com/
- Designer Zoe Burt (Roper’s 1989) is taking part in a group show at the South London Botanical Institute
You can view her work here https://zoeburt.com/
- Artist Lucy du Sautoy (Cribb’s 1990) will have work on show at 9 Stradella Road SE24 9HN
You can view her work here https://www.lucydusautoy.co.uk
Details of all the artists exhibiting can be found here
Enjoy the Festival!