Congratulations to 150 pupils and staff who entered the Alleyn’s Happy in Nature Photo Competition as part of Mental Health Awareness Week’s focus on ‘connecting with nature’ earlier this month.
Research shows that spending time in nature is good for our mental health and even watching films about nature can make a difference to our happiness. So, as well as reminding pupils during Mental Health Week to be aware of anyone who might need support and taking steps to look after our own mental fitness – just as we do our physical, pupils were also encouraged to get out into nature with their cameras and submit their best photographs of something beautiful or striking in the natural world.
Head, Mrs Lunnon congratulated everyone who entered: “Well done on the unbelievable quality of photograph. We get sheer joy from looking at pictures of nature and I certainly took joy looking at all of yours.”
Mrs Lunnon gave warm congratulations to those pupils’ whose shots were highly commended and those who placed runner up, as well as special congratulations to the overall competition winners:
- Scarlett in Year 7 – ripples on water
- Sophie in Year 8 – close up of horse
- Ugo in Year 8 – bark of tree
- Olivia and Archie Tomas in Year 10 and Year 12 – snail and oreo
- Zoe in Year 11 – butterfly on leaf
- Finn in Year 12 – close up of insect
- Jake in Year 12 – bee on flower.