Facilities are regularly shared with local schools and community groups to support the work of their organisation. Specific details of each partnership supported can be found on the Schools Together website.
In a typical academic year, 15 local schools will use the Alleyn's facilities to deliver a range of projects, which taken collectively involve more than 2,500 children. Our facilities are provided to schools free from charge.
Examples of the activities held each year include:
- A programme of swimming provided to several primary schools by Alleyn's swimming teachers, improving the ability of those participating and helping these schools meet The National Curriculum.
- Use of the theatre and performing arts facilities to host school shows and musical productions, with assistance provided by Alleyn's technical team.
- Weekly use of the playing fields enabling the delivery of PE lessons and forest school learning. Local schools also regularly host sports fixtures and after school clubs.
Local Community Groups
Charities and other organisations or projects that benefit the community – such as youth groups, social enterprises, and fundraisers - are regularly provided with access to our facilities free of charge or at a reduced rate. We support a diverse range of projects and continue to provide many hours of access each year to local community groups.
Some examples of the groups supported recently include:
- Free to be Kids work with young people who are struggling with social or emotional difficulties particularly those isolated over the lockdown period. The charity was provided with venues to host workshops and young leaders training courses.
- The Evelina London Children's Hospital and Kings College Hospital, Neurology Ward held several events for their staff and patients at Burbage Road Sports Ground.
- During the periods of national lockdown Dulwich Hamlet FC Women used the football facilities to train, and our running track was opened to Dulwich Runners for use by their members as the facilities used by both clubs remained closed.
- Each Christmas, the Southwark Volunteer Police Cadets host an event to distribute presents to children in care in the Borough.
For other groups, our facilities are available for commercial hire through Alleyn's School Enterprises Limited, with the profits from such arrangements being gifted back to the School to support its charitable activities.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to contact the team.
"The opportunity to use the theatre was very important to us. The children thoroughly benefited from the experience in terms of giving them an insight into future opportunities for music and drama at secondary school. The confidence we saw in the children was fantastic."
- Kathryn Farrelly – Phase Leader Years 5 and 6, Heber School
"It provided a fantastic opportunity for the children to perform within a theatre environment and to invite all parents to a single performance. It allowed the whole school community to come together and celebrate the year. The children's confidence to perform on a stage setting grew throughout the experience."
- Jo Conduit – Principal, Harris School, East Dulwich