Facilities are regularly shared with local schools and community groups to support the work of their organisation. Specific details of each partnership supported can be found on the Schools Together website.
In a typical academic year, 15 local schools will use the Alleyn's facilities to deliver a range of projects, which taken collectively involve more than 2,500 children. Facilities are provided free of charge.
Examples of the activities held each year include:
- A programme of swimming provided to several primary schools by Alleyn's swimming teachers, improving the ability of those participating and helping these schools meet The National Curriculum.
- Use of the theatre and performing arts facilities to host school shows and musical productions, with assistance provided by Alleyn's technical team.
- Weekly use of the playing fields enabling the delivery of PE lessons and forest school learning. Local schools also regularly host sports fixtures and after school clubs.
Local Community Groups
Charities and other organisations or projects that benefit the community – such as youth groups, social enterprises, and fundraisers - are regularly provided with access to our facilities free of charge or at a reduced rate. We support a diverse range of projects and continue to provide many hours of access each year to local community groups.
Some examples of the groups supported recently include:
- A para-swimmer uses the swimming pool regularly for a dedicated session to further her development and categorisation as a competitive disabled swimmer.
- Girls United hosted their Play Like A Girl football tournament to celebrate International Women's Day and to raise funds for football coaches to work with underrepresented groups.
- Dulwich Hamlet FC Women used the football facilities to train, and host pre-season fixtures, while their facilities were unavailable during the national lockdown.
- Each Christmas, the Southwark Volunteer Police Cadets host an event to distribute presents to children in care in the Borough.
For other groups, our facilities are available for commercial hire through Alleyn's School Enterprises Limited, with the profits from such arrangements being gifted back to the School to support its charitable activities.
Please email email@example.com to contact the team.
"The opportunity to use the theatre was very important to us. The children thoroughly benefited from the experience in terms of giving them an insight into future opportunities for music and drama at secondary school. The confidence we saw in the children was fantastic."
- Kathryn Farrelly – Phase Leader Years 5 and 6, Heber School
"It provided a fantastic opportunity for the children to perform within a theatre environment and to invite all parents to a single performance. It allowed the whole school community to come together and celebrate the year. The children's confidence to perform on a stage setting grew throughout the experience."
- Jo Conduit – Principal, Harris School, East Dulwich